OLIVE OILS FROM FROM AROUND THE WORLD
Our 50 different extra virgin olive oils come from the top olive farms in Italy, Greece, Chile, Spain, and California.
The flavors are fused at the time of the first pressing to provide a crisp clean flavor that blends with the high quality of the olive oil. Enjoy mixing the many different flavors of our rich aged Balsamic Vinegars from Modena, Italy.
ITALIAN BALSAMIC VINEGAR
ITALIAN BALSAMIC VINEGAR IN
LA QUINTA, CALIFORNIA
Our Balsamic Vinegars are all from Modena, Italy the home of the finest balsamic in the world. Each flavored vinegar is 18 years old and our Traditional Balsamic is 25 years old. You can see the richness before you even taste it as the thick, sweet syrup slowly makes its way out of the spout. These make wonderful pairings with our extra virgin olive oils for vinaigrettes, marinades or just dipping fun!
Olive Oil Cake
2 egg yolks
1 cup of sugar
2/3 cup of La Quinta blood orange or lemon olive oil (see note below)
4 tablespoons amaretto
2/3 cup cornmeal (finely ground)
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp of baking powder
1 tsp salt
Toasted pine nuts or sliced almonds
- Place eggs and yolks into the bowl of a mixer. Whip at high speed until thick and pale
- Add Sugar, still whipping until mixture has tripled in volume, about 2 minutes.
- Pour in oil and amaretto, still whipping until incorporated.
- Stir togethher cornmeal, flour salt and baking powder. Using a rubber spatula, fold into batter.
- Scape batter into an oiled 10 in. Springform pan
- Scatter nuts over batter
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- * Note * You can use half the amount of flavor olive oil with regular olive oil for a milder flavor.